Sunday, January 16, 2011

Maxi-Dress Extrordinaire

I felt crafty today.
Let's just say it all started with the idea of felted flowers with the leftover roving from the slippers.  Then came the eureka moment of "I have a lot of old t-shirts and tanks that have either been worn to much, have small stains, or just have become too shoved in the bottom of the drawer."














So I took the idea, made a pin- it was cute...but not enough to cure my need for crafting today. 

I found my scrap material bag and managed to find some old curtains that a friend had given to me in hopes of them having a second life.  Well, lets just say- what a life they will lead.  I managed to find an old tank that matched, pined some box pleats with the curtains onto the tank, sewed and viola- Maxidress!

















Thanks to my new dress form given to me by my sweet husband, I have a well fitted, strongly constructed garment.   Can't wait to wear it on a spring day!


No comments:

Post a Comment