Sunday, February 6, 2011

Flower Pin Mania

So after a morning of relaxation, I wanted to get a little crafty today while the dogs napped and my husband did his usual little projects around the house.  I had some felt, so I decided to make a few flowers to put onto pins to jazz up the many sweaters  I wear to work. I realized that this is an adorable and inexpensive way to decorate. I have broken it down to show how inexpensive it is.


Things you will need:
Felt Sheets (about 29¢ each at Michaels)
Hot Glue Gun and a few glue sticks (1.00 at DollarTree) 
Mini Glue Sticks (1.00 for a bag of 20 at DollarTree)
Scissors
Pin Backs or old button pins (60 for 2.99 at Michaels)

















First cut the felt into 2 inch strips

 Then fold in half lengthwise, secure each end with a dab of glue

















Then cut small slits halfway through the fold












Next, start to wrap in a circular motion keeping the straight edge flush to itself, securing halfway with another dab of glue on the edge.













Add glue to the flat part of the pin back, and Viola!

No comments:

Post a Comment