Saturday, February 12, 2011

Personalized Valentine Gift

I always try to find something really meaningful to give to my Husband on Valentine's Day, not in the Hallmark sort of way, but something I think he will really find sentimental.

One thing that is so dear to his heart is the idea of family. He loves our family. Our dogs and cats are a big part of that family. He usually takes a little time with each pet everyday to give them some attention and love. I really adore that quality in him.

So I commissioned a coworker's daughter who does "character" portraits while being a stay at home mom. Let me tell you that her style is unique and silly. I love it. So after showing her a few photos of my family she created her take on a family portrait. I framed it in a simple poster frame to hang with the rest of our "family" photos. 

If you don't have your own local hook-up in the art department, check out Etsy, there are always artists eagerly awaiting your commissions. If you like Stacey's work, I can try to pass along her information, just leave a comment.
 
Introductions:


Kevin
Me
Our Sweet and Missed Timber
Tahoe
Sam
Hans
Cedar

No comments:

Post a Comment